September 12th, 2020
In order to help parents/guardians, students and teachers connect with each other on the first day (Sept. 14 for students with last names A-L and Sept 15 for students with last names M-Z), we have created designated meeting spots. Our classroom cohort locations on the field are as follows. These locations will be same meeting spot for students and their parent/guardian at the beginning and end of each day until further notice. Please see the picture attached to this message for a rough idea of these meeting locations.
- K1 – in front of the school by the Kindergarten area – look for the BLUE K1 sign in the windows!
- K2 – in front of the school by the Kindergarten area – look for the GREEN K2 sign in the windows!
- 1/2A – area across the path from the primary playground (path that heads towards Suffolk Ave)
- 1/2B – area beside 2/3A, close to the baseball diamond
- 2/3A – area to the left of the colourful primary “basketball” hoop (between 1/2B and 1/2A)
- 3/4A – area to the right of the natural seating area by the junior playground
- 5/6A – the area behind and to the right of the basketball court
- 5/6B – the area to the left of the basketball court, and by the path leading to Smithson Ave.
We ask again that only one parent/guardian accompanies their child onto school property to maintain proper physical distancing as much as possible, and at the end of the day as well. All adults coming on to school property must wear a mask.
Don’t worry if this seems overwhelming or confusing! There will be lots of Smithson educators outside with class lists to help direct you to the right locations!
We are so excited to welcome our Smithson Lions back to school! See you this week!